Company Secretary Vacancy at Girl Effect Nigeria
Girl Effect — We’re a creative non-profit, empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalized and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day — from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
- We require the services of a qualified lawyer to act as its Company Secretary and Retainer for a period of 1 year.
Qualification and Experience
Eligible Consultants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Must be a Legal Practitioner called to the Nigerian Bar
- Relevant experience in providing legal services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Corporate services including registrations, filings, etc
- Employee matters including disputes arising from sanctions, claims and benefits
- Expatriate matters including quotas, resident permits, etc
- General litigations and dispute resolution
- Real Estate matters including acting as company agents, negotiating rentals, purchase of property, etc
- Preparations of Agreements, documentations, etc
- Interfacing with government Ministries, Departments and Agencies on behalf of Girl Effect
- Taxes, levies, rates, etc
- General legal advice
- Keeping the index of the company, having possession of documents, seal and records of the company
- Giving notices of meetings of the company to directors and members among others
- The law firms invited to this request for proposal is hereby informed that no relationship can exist between the firm and GEN except on the basis of a formal written contract
- This document constitutes only a solicitation of interest in and proposal for providing legal/secretarial services to GEN, and shall not be interpreted as an offer by GEN to enter into a retainer/company secretary agreement for such services. Your response will be treated as an offer to provide such services and not an acceptance of any offer made by GEN.
- This request for proposal is based on the understanding that the review of and response to this request for proposal by the law firm will not entail any cost or obligation for GEN.
Deadline: 12th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their proposals in electronic copy format to: Nigeria@girleffect.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Proposals should also include inter alia:
- Statement of relevant experience i.e. similar assignments executed/under execution
- Supporting documents such as CV are to be attached as appendix.