Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment for Graduate Business Banker — Enterprise Direct
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Banker — Enterprise Direct
Job ID: 44286
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Retail & Business Banking
- On-board new customers, reactivate dormant accounts, cross sell the bank’s products and services to existing customers and monitor borrowing customers (including LSETF).
- Improve customer experience by proactively engaging the customer via telephone/email for more pocket share and to manage and optimize value from a portfolio of SME customers.
- Promote and proactively sell the Bank’s products, solutions and services via the telephone to meet the financial needs of small and medium business customers.
- Mine existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- On board new customers — Day 1 welcome call and Day 30 follow up call
- Dormant/ Inactive account reactivation
- Cheque confirmation, excess/ covenant breaches and Pre-NPLs / stressed account monitoring
- Ensure KYC documentation, BVN and regulatory compliance and control are adhered to
- Providing a central (information/ query handling) service point for SME customers
- Ensure all queries from existing and potential customers are effectively and promptly resolved.
- Promote and sell a range of appropriate products and solutions that meet the financial needs of small and medium business customers
- Cross-sell additional products & services to existing customers (during re-active telephone conversations).
- Identify sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Trade; Global Markets; etc
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Min 2 years of Business Banking Sales experience
- 0–1 Year experience call center experience may be added advantage
- Good numerical skills, business acumen and financial acumen to interpret financial statements, balance sheets and basic financial ratios.
- A thorough knowledge of standardized business banking transactional products and other core products relevant to small business enterprises.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of securities and balance sheets.
- Ability to speak Hausa fluently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za